Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Anything Goes and a Cool Discovery...

The July challenge over at the EWV Yahoo Group is anything goes...so, I did a little journal page and have had it completed, however, I just got around to taking a picture and actually uploading it. You know how it goes.
Here it is:



Wendy had shown on her blog a technique she called "grid block stamping".  Check it out HERE.  My first attempts were horrendous, actually. And you will not see them here. lol.
So, this is about the fourth or fifth attempt that I was satisfied with.  It's a cool technique, but I didn't want my background white, so I placed the acrylic block BACK over the sentiment area (that was the original "grid block stamping" area), and sprayed some distress stains over it.
So, I found out a neat little trick with the stars. They are just die cut from manila cardstock with an old original Sizzix die.  Then I scored from the center of the star to each point, pinched the point on the score line, thereby creating a dimensional star. Ok, someone else has surely thought of this, but it was a nice little discovery for me. lol. I colored them with distress inks, then sprayed a coordinating Perfect Pearl mist on top, to make the color really pop.
Now that I think about it, I hope the star isn't in the way of the hole I have to punch so I can put it in the journal. Oops. 
That's it for today...thanks for stopping by, hope you have some time to get inky!

11 comments:

Netty said...

Terrific tag Lori, the colours really pop and am loving your stars, hugs Annette x

Helen said...

It looks amazing, I love the colours and the stars are just fab.

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Those stars caught my eyes right away. You'd probably reply now I have stars in my eyes:)
Anyway, I like the whole darn thing!

SusanK said...

I love everything about it!

Dorothy said...

I really like this!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Pretty colors, luv the bg! Come on GF, we wanna' see the first trys too! lol

Electra said...

This is AWESOME Lori!!

Martina2801 said...

Beautifully created, dear Lori!

Marjie Kemper said...

A> Gorgeous.
B> Great Idea!
C> Wonder what other dies will work well with this...

Anita Houston said...

Gorgeous Lori! I love the stars, and the sentiment is just perfect! Beautiful color too!

Alison said...

What a gorgeous page! That's a great trick with the stars Lori, they look fab! xx