Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Anger Management and Stupidity...

Bet you're wondering what the title has to do with art, right? LOL  I just wonder how many hits that title will get in Google. 
Over at the EWV Yahoo! Group, the August challenge is DIE CUTS. In other words, use a die cut and at least one Studio 490 stamp.
I had to pull double duty with this tag, as it was Dewbird's birthday "tag".  He loves the sentiment, said he wants it as a bumper sticker for the rig...lol.. imagine that.

 Umm, didn't take a pic of just the background, but I'll tell you what I did to start the tag...it's a jumbo tag, btw.  Stamped with stamps from Mechanical Art stamp set in Watering Can Gray archival. Dry. Inked all over with Stormy Sky distress ink. Spread with clear embossing powder, then flick off a generous portion. Heat to emboss. It leaves a nice bumpy texture.  Inked over all of that with Brushed Corduroy distress ink. Nice vintage looking background. Then, I took some of the NEW translucent embossing paste from Studio 490, mixed it with Blue Smoke Perfect Pearls, and spread it over a harlequin stencil. You can kind of see the diamonds here and there. Very cool metallic, transparent look.
After that, it was a matter of cutting out some gears, used Ver Day paint on those...the arrow and numbers are Sizzix thinlits. I covered them with gold paint dabber, aged with Coffee archival ink. The arrow I covered with Crackle Accents. 
The stamp from the Mechanical Art set made a perfect frame for the sentiment.
Some lock washers, gears, and other stuff...lol..viola! done!
I did shade around the dimensional pieces with a Stabilo pencil..I've been doing that with most of the pieces lately. Really makes them stand out.
There you have it...another challenge completed...whoop! Thanks for stopping by!

19 comments:

Linda Cain said...

WOW! Love it!

~Linda

Helen said...

Fabulous!! Hope Dewbird had a great birthday. xx

Michael said...

Background is wonderful!!! Where did you get the numbers in the vertical order???

Michael

Lynne Forsythe said...

HEHEHE....you made me giggle....but how TRUE is Wendy's stamp!!
Just LOVE all that you have going on...on your tag...albeit a jumbo one....have to go take another look!!

THANKS BUNCHES for sharing!!

Wanda H said...

Fabulous tag, Lori!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

I love the title, got me intrigued lol. Love this piece, fabulous texture and dimension and great image and sentiment. Love all the layers and the bumpy background. Tracy x

SusanK said...

It's awesome! HB, D!

Halle said...

Wonderful! Love the dimension.

Vic said...

Great tag! I love all the textures.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Great tag GF! All that texture going on. Havent tried a large tag yet, need to put that on my list, shame on you for enabling again!

Anita Houston said...

LOVE this! The gears are wonderful, and love this guy!!! I so need to kick it in gear and make something!

Candy C said...

Lori....I totally love your sense of humor. You are workin' those Riley and Company sentiments like no other! I love them and the more I see of them, the more I think I need some of them! :)

Netty said...

Your tag is fabulous Lori and I really love the quote, enjoy your weekend, Annette x

Alison said...

Fantastic!!! I love that quote! xxx

Marjie Kemper said...

That is one awesome tag, Lori! Bet he loved it. The gears are amazing!

Electra said...

I've missed coming by, Lori. Well, I've missed going anywhere. Love what I see here, ALL the posts (that I have missed.)
I'm going to make an effort to get over to EWV too.

Bärbel said...

Ein perfektes Geschenk für einen Herrn, eine großartige Idee!

Martina2801 said...

My goodness, there are many wonderful news to see on your blog. I am happy that I have again a little time to visit my favorite blogs. I've really missed you. Have a nice Sunday, dear Lori!

Kim Dellow said...

Great tag! Kim