Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Wendy at the Scrapbooking Studio!

The wonderfully talented Ms. Vecchi taught a tag book class at The Scrapbooking Studio this past weekend, and on a whim and at the last minute, I decided to sign up.  My friend, Wanda, also attended.
It was a day jam packed with inky goodness.  Amy, the owner of the store, was so generous to us. And she served us lunch to boot! 
I also met some other wonderful ladies at our table, Peg and Colleen. 
Anywho, on to the book.
Outside covers, front and back (L to R):
 Inside front and back cover:
I swear, I had one sentiment the whole day that actually came out straight. LOL. Oh well.
Tags:
 The tag on the far right here, is one I actually did BY MYSELF at home. Yes, it's true.  Felt good to get the mojo going again.  The flower was created using silver embossing paste, then crackle paste, stamped with one of the new "SiSi" stamps, then colored with Worn Lipstick and Fired Brick.  A Blossom Bucket center was added to the flower, which I altered a bit with Archival inks to make it a little darker. 
With all the Blossom Bucket pieces and Art Parts, the book is a little chunky, which I like.

 Being the generous person she is, Wendy gave us plenty more tags to continue making pages.  Which I have resolved to do. Yes, I have. 
I scammed some photos from Wanda...er, that's me on the left in case you didn't know.
Colleen and Peg L to R

 Wendy surrounded by eager students:
Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Helen said...

What a wonderful way to spend a day.... love the results, the tags are fabulous. What is it about being able to stamp straight? I can't either.. never did buy a stamp positioner though! Thanks for stopping by the blog recently and leaving such nice words. xx

Nancy said...

Love all of your tags!! I'm sure it was a great day!

Anita Houston said...

Awesome!!! You got so much done! These are all crazy gorgeous!!! Lucky you!

Anita Houston said...

WOW!!!! Crazy gorgeous! Lucky you! You got so much done as well!

Debby said...

Way cool! Love what you guys created. Cool that you got to see Wanda again too!